[RE-wrenches] Sunpower modules

Brian Teitelbaum bteitelbaum at aeesolar.com
Fri Mar 20 12:39:10 PDT 2009

Drake,

One thing about those old modules is that the cells are incredibly thick. You can feel them on the back-sheet. They must be at least 1/16" thick. Wire-saw technology was just not that good in the old days. Module manufacturers say that the thickness of the cell has no effect on performance, but I guess we will just have to see. If we're still around in 2036, we can compare a set of 2009 modules with my old ones which will be 54 by then!

Brian