[RE-wrenches] XW 4024

Drake Chamberlin drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Fri Mar 20 07:38:57 PDT 2009

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your information on the XW Series.   It seems that there
were a lot of problems when they first came out.  Many of the
problems may have been due to mis programming.

Do you think the XW4024 is good replacement for the old SW4024?  With
AC 1 in and AC 2 in, reliable gen start options, ability to use only
four 6-volt batteries, and other features, there has been a
complication in doing certain systems that were easy at one time.
Clearly the SW series had some maddening issues, but I'm hoping that
the XW will leave those behind, without creating new complications.

Do you think the void has been filled?

Drake

At 11:04 PM 3/19/2009, you wrote:

>Drake - The XW4024 is almost identical to the XW6048 but can produce
>4.0kW of AC power and uses a 24V battery bank.  All the auxiliary
>components (PDP, SCP, charge controller, etc...) are the same for
>both inverters.
>
>We've had very good experiences with the XW system.  With about 15
>installed so far (4024s and 6048s) the only issue we've had was 1
>control board that went bad (easily fixed after Xantrex sent the
>warranty replacement).
>

>Andrew Truitt
>Standard Solar

Drake Chamberlin