[RE-wrenches] battery cables

Bob-O Schultze bob-o at electronconnection.com
Wed Mar 11 07:29:26 PDT 2009

Jeff,
This is a pet peeve of mine. Welding cable is designed to live it's
whole life surrounded by hot sparks and dragged across cement floors,
yet it is not "listed" for use in a home. That pretty much means that
the manufacturer hasn't spent the dough to do the UL testing. Most of
us use a wire manufactured by Cobra Wire & Cable called CobraFlex
which is listed. It comes in 2/0 and 4/0 sizes and others.
I'm a little concerned that you list yourself as a "Lead Installer"
and don't know this. Never done a permitted battery-based system before?
Bob-O