[RE-wrenches] Line Side Feed In and Disconnects

Wayne Irwin Wayne at PureEnergySolar.net
Mon Mar 9 15:40:54 PDT 2009

Hello Wrenches,

Here in Gainesville, Fla. we have recently adopted a Feed In Tariff.
So, now we are supposed to directly feed the line side of the utility meter (essentially a new service). No big deal.
As usual we use an AC disco between the inverter and the grid. However, the permit department is requiring that we install and additional disco between the existing service feed and the distribution panel to group all disco's in the same location. This especially adds an additional expense when dealing with 3 phase systems as well as the raises the question, is this really the National Electrical Code or just an interpretation? Your thoughts?

Wayne Irwin, President

Pure Energy Solar International Inc.

Lic # CVC56695

Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 18:20:57 -0400
From: reellison at gmail.com
To: re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Small Torque Wrench

I got mine from "the knife and tool store" http://myworld.ebay.com/don19470/ on E bay. nice tool, adjustable 10 - 50 In Oz and he has others, just get the adapter that lets you use 1/4" drive bits and your good to go. It is a german tool and i use it on all breaker connections as well as others.

Later,
Bob