[RE-wrenches] Shucco Thermal Collectors

Carl Adams swingjunkie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 14:22:02 PST 2009

David,

I have the Schuco SlimV and HE I-80 system installed here at home in
Cincinnati.  I am happy with the system, and today we had a good solar
day 955 W/sq m at 1:0 PM, and the collectors were still running at 122
degrees at 4:00 PM.  We have the Premium V collectors installed at
CInci State College and last week these ran the 80 gal HE 1 from 60
degrees at 8:00 AM to 132 degrees by 1:00 PM.  We're runinng an
Apricus, Schuco, and AET system side by side there and the Schuco
generally comes out on top.

I agree with Michael, the documentation is good but read and follow it
carefully.  I've had some trouble getting the tank adapters (BSP to
NPT) to seal so careful attention here as well.  The line sets are
nice but I prefer the corrugated SS sets available from Caleffi for
flexibility.

Schuco tech support, customer support , sales support, packaging and
shipping is excellent.  If the single wall HX is an issue then
consider opting for another tank  (the also provide the Rheem Rudd
Solar Aide for those cases where you need electric backup).

Cheers
Carl Adams
NABCEP Certified Solar Thermal Installer
Sunrock Solar