[RE-wrenches] anchoring racks to concrete roof

Karl Schwingel karl at northwindrenewable.com
Wed Feb 11 06:11:23 PST 2009

Hi Jay,

not having any experience with these roofs (what a weird way to build a
roof) if you're doing a flat or near flat mount, I'd look at the
currrent issue of Solar professional magazine.  lots on flat roof mounts.
Ballasted is probably going to be your best bet.

if a high tilt (hot water system? )  I'd recommend either core drilling
thru the concrete/foam sandwich and bolting a pipe leg to the bar truss
underneath.   then have a roofer (roofer of record if you can find them)
or a roofer with experience with that roofing system flash the pipe legs.
I'm mostly hot water, and so deal with higher tilts and wind loads than
most of you lucky PV guys.

Karl

jay peltz wrote:
> I've got a client with a foam core concrete covered roof.
> the concrete is 2.5" thick + over metal mesh over 6" ridged foam and
> then the same on the inside.
>

> What anchor choices are best to mount the feet to?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> jay
>
> peltz power

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings:

> List rules & etiquette:

Karl Schwingel
NABCEP Certified Solar Thermal Installer
NorthWind Renewable Energy LLC

PO Box 723 Stevens Point, WI 54481
Karl at Northwindre.com
Cell: 715 209 0446
Fax : 715 952 4501

This e-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named
recipient(s) above, and may contain information that is privileged or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, or are not a named recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail message from
your computer. Thank you.