[RE-wrenches] Mounting to metal roofs and thermal expansion

Troy Harvey taharvey at heliocentric.org
Fri Feb 6 18:53:16 PST 2009

I'm not talking about seam clamps (i.e. S5!), but rather the problem
of screwing or bolting through the roof causing problems with thermal
expansion. Arguably, clamping to the seams would cause less thermal
expansion problems, since screwing through a panel in the middle of
the roof could cause buckling at the seams, and thus leak?

Troy Harvey
Heliocentric
801-453-9434
taharvey at heliocentric.org