[RE-wrenches] Low Voltage Alarm Based on cell phone text message

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Sat Jan 31 08:09:27 PST 2009

We have sold an off grid system delivering 24 volts DC. The application is
"mission important". We have built in a LVD and alarm, but the client wants
an "early warning" system based on sending text message to a cell phone
number. So we need to program a LCD around 20% residual capacity (easier
part) and a cell phone interface. I know the PPA community has a solution:
high-end comm link and big bucks. Is there something simple and cheap that
we can implement?

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com