[RE-wrenches] general contractors taking a cut...

Tump tump at hughes.net
Fri Jan 30 05:20:55 PST 2009

When this guy is saying this"he can sell a lot of solar", has his work
slowed down so much that this selling of solar will become a sideline or is
he looking for a professional that will compliment his reputation?
I work w/ some very hi end contractors. One thing that my contactors are
aware of is that, I KNOW my business & he know his.
 We all know everyday there is someone new out there is selling & installing
"green" stuff.
Can you say trystream 3,7????
If this contractor is really Hi end he is very well aware of the term
"comparative advantage", he makes some $$ but does not have to deal w/ your
problems.
I will meet directly w/ the client discuss their expectations,arrange work
w/ the job foreman & coordinate anything else that is related to my part of
the job.Sometimes I'll bill directly other times is goes through billing
he*l, that takes 30-60 days.
Sell yourself as an asset keeping the profits for your many hours of
learning our trade.
Tump