[RE-wrenches] helical screw piers

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Mon Jan 26 08:37:22 PST 2009

What kind of post-post horizontal tolerancing can you hold with those
things, and how is it adjusted or compensated for while driving
in?  Usually at least one of the two horizontal surface coordinates
has a reasonably tight alignment tolerance in my experience.

They look like a great idea, although one advantage of concrete is
you have lots of time to tweak the post alignments if necessary while
the concrete sets.  I would think a helical screw would be prone to
walking just a little, unless the drive apparatus is extremely well-anchored.

John Raynes
RE Solar
Torrey, UT