[RE-wrenches] helical screw piers

ASAP POWER! 2 info at asappower.com
Sun Jan 25 22:48:16 PST 2009

Sounds like we gots to have it.  Larry, any pics?   If I assume correctly,
these are literally screwing into the ground in place of a concrete footing.
such that you can place/attach a structural or pipe column or its part of
the screw.   I can call some local rental yards and do some internet
searching, but is there a brand name to the screw, driver, or a specialized
4WD unit?  How many did you drive for 5.6kW?

I had contacted the outfit that advertised on TV/web for a while a couple of
years ago, but wasn't impressed, however, thought maybe with the right soil
it could be exceptional tool for quick guy wire anchoring purposes for wind
towers.   This sounds like something more substantial.

Thanks,
Peter D.

  _____