[RE-wrenches] Mobile Solar power Center

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Mon Jan 19 08:49:40 PST 2009

We are designing a "Mobile Solar Power Center" to power Eco-Events and the
like in Southern California. We will have 1,600 Wp of solar panels, 6 kWh of
24 V AGM battery backup and a 1kW / 120 VAC inverter. I am designing the
system from scratch, and I wondered if anyone else out there has put
together a similar system and was inclined to share notes. When I'm finished
I'd be glad to do the same.

One stumbling block I have right now, is to find a DC rated 70A in-line
fuse, to put between the battery bank and the input to the inverter. 70A may
seem an odd value, but it is the best choice for the surge rating of the
inverter I'll be using (Xantrex Prosine 1000). Does anyone have a source for
DC-rated in-line fuses?

Thanks in advance, -Peter

Peter T. Parrish, President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com