[RE-wrenches] Tape for attaching NEC Labels

Bob Clark bclark at solar-wind.us
Mon Nov 16 19:42:18 PST 2009

RE-Wrenches:

Our little PV install business has located a local label maker (metallic
label with contrasting text).  We are searching for an adhesive tape to
secure these labels that is rated for out-door locations and high
temperatures.  Thus far we have found 3M VHBTM 4945 that meets UL standard
746C for electrical use-two, 100-ft. x 1" rolls for $219.70 (THIS WILL LAST
A LONG TIME!).

Anybody have another equally effective, code satisfying, but less costly
tape alternative?

Bob Clark

SolarWind Energy Systems, LLC

P.O. Box 1234