[RE-wrenches] Aurora Inverters

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Nov 11 07:53:17 PST 2009

Friends:

Does anyone here have any experience with the Aurora inverters?  I visited
their booth in Anaheim and was impressed with some of the features:

Made in Camarillo, CA, near the Solar World plant.
Dual MPPT inputs
90 to 500 VDC input window.
Transformerless (or balanced, as we would say in broadcasting) inputs
Nema 4 case.
Up to 97% efficient

I am particularly intrigued with the Transformerless input.  This, IMHO is
a much safer scheme.  Prior to a ground fault, no polarity is referenced to
ground, reducing shock hazard significantly.  Any ground fault only
references one side of the circuit to the racking and metallic structures.

I'd like to know more.

William Miller

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
email: william at millersolar.com
http://millersolar.com
License No. C-10-773985