[RE-wrenches] Report-Guidelines for Roof-mounted PV System Installations

benn kilburn bennkilburn at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:08:27 PST 2009

Wrenches,Just an FYI.
 I just had a chat with someone at the National Roofing Contractors Assoc. and they made me aware of this report they just released.http://www.nrca.net/rp/pubstore/details.aspx?c=12&id=526
Apparently this report concludes that PV arrays being installed on a homes' roof should be installed on stand-offs high enough for roofers to work around and under!  I got the impression from the person i spoke with that they did not include any PV installers in their resource list for this report.  They did assert that is a 'first attempt' at this type of report.
I am not endorsing this report in any way, i just want the Wrenches to be aware of it.
Cheers,benn
DayStar Renewable Energy Inc. bennkilburn at hotmail.com 780-906-7807
HAVE A SUNNY DAY

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:    This email, including any attachments, contains information from DayStar Renewable Energy Inc. and/or its affiliates, which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.