[RE-wrenches] losses to competing angles in single strings

Nick Vida nickvida at ymail.com
Wed Sep 9 18:38:24 PDT 2009

hello wrenches.

I was wondering if any of you have any data on what the losses would be if you had your string split with 2 different angles, but at the same azimuth. For instance, string of 11 with 8 facing 180 south at 30 degrees, and 3 facing south 180 at 45 degrees. I have heard that the voltages and currents would differ and the IV curve would be inefficient as a string, but I dont know how much of a loss would be expected.

thanks in advance, and hopefully I didnt miss anything in the archives.

thanks,

nick