[RE-wrenches] Solar fountain pump.

Kelly Keilwitz, Whidbey Sun & Wind kelly at whidbeysunwind.com
Sun Aug 30 17:25:22 PDT 2009

Hi all,
We have a pond with rockery and small cascade (< 5-ft total head) with a
solar-direct pump for demonstration at our office. The Dankoff ³Sun Delight²
pump that¹s been running it for a year (plus at shows for the last 8 years)
has given out and needs to be replaced. We tried a 12-V bilge pump but that
lasted about a month.
In previous subject threads (example below) back in Œ04 there were several
recommendations for the Oase AquaSolar pumps, said to be carried by AEE and
others. However, I can¹t find these pumps in the AEE catelog, or even on the
Oase website.

We ran the Sun Delight on a 75-watt, 12-volt module, but I¹d like to upgrade
to a freight damaged, Sharp 175W (24 vdc) to allow the cascade to flow more
in low sun conditions.

Any current suggestions, or sources?

Thanks,
-Kelly