[RE-wrenches] wind generators

Kirk Herander, VSE kirk at vtsolar.com
Thu Aug 27 15:33:09 PDT 2009

Despite my vow to never install another wind generator, I have been called
to action by an old customer who needs my help. We need to replace a ten
year old Whisper (Elliot-area) 1500 watt machine 3-blade, 24 vdc battery
bank, three phase to the basement rectifier/controller. I am not at all keen
on Southwest Windpower. Any suggestions based on reliability and a machine
actually outliving its 5 year warranty would be most appreciated. PS. Does
anyone have experience with the Raum 1.3kw machine?

Kirk Herander

Vermont Solar Engineering

802.863.1202

NABCEP(tm) Certified Solar Installer