[RE-wrenches] Inverter AM Interference

SOLARPRO at aol.com SOLARPRO at aol.com
Tue Jul 14 17:48:39 PDT 2009

Hello:

Has anybody got a fix or a way to filter out inverter generated  AM (
520-700 kHz MW)  noise?  I guess it's never been a  problem in the past because
our customers must not have been fans of AM  radio.  Plus, I always approved
of the fact that it wiped  out reception for ditto-heads.
We called SMA and they are in a state of denial.  Our customer is not  very
ambulatory, sits in the same spot most of the day and just loves talk
radio.  The inverter is more than 30 feet away from the radio.
Other than relocating the inverter (grid-tie, no battery) is there anything
 we can do?

Patrick Redgate
Ameco Solar
**************Can love help you live longer? Find out now.