[RE-wrenches] Cable spec request

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Apr 24 13:37:47 PDT 2009

Wrenches,

We stopped using E-Meters about ten years ago in favor of Tri-Mets. Among
other things, the Tri-Met uses 4-conductor cable while the E-Meter needs 5
conductors. I need to move an E-Meter to a new location and need about 80'
of 5-conductor cable (with at least one twisted pair), which we no longer
carry. I called Anixter, but was quoted a prohibitive price.

I need, please, a source and spec on reasonably-priced cut-length 5- (or
more likely 6-) conductor AWG 18 or 20 cable with shield and drain to go in
conduit with other conductors between buildings. Can you help?

Thanks,

Allan at Positive Energy