[RE-wrenches] SMA Pat on the Back

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Apr 15 12:08:38 PDT 2009

Wrenches,

SMA just agreed to swap out under warranty an SB1100 that had failed
internally. The unit was invoiced to the customer on 2/17/04, just outside
of the original 5-year warranty. Yes, I had to ask for special treatment,
but they called back with approval. Not only that, but I was also told that
we would be emailed the form for a $100 swapout reimbursement. I had no idea
that they still had that program.

Laurie in SMA tech support was sharp and very helpful. Since such customer
service is increasingly rare, I figure that this good support is worth
broadcasting on this list.

Allan at Positive Energy