[RE-wrenches] Battery impedance analyzers

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar larry at starlightsolar.com
Thu Mar 26 17:08:17 PDT 2009

Hello Wrenches,

Is anyone using an impedance type battery analyzer for lead acid
batteries? If so, what do you have and how has it worked out. I have
seen prices from $200 to $7500 and I'm sure there is a world of
difference.

I have been using a pulser circuit I built about 4 years ago to
restore nearly dead AGM batteries but I have not had any sophisticated
method of verifying before and after performance. I perform a constant
current equalization with no voltage limit and then leave the battery
on the pulser for a few weeks. This works great and I have restored
and sold a few used AGM batteries that would have gone to the
recycler. Today our battery buyer just picked up another 15,400 lb. of
batteries from us. Yep, they were mostly murdered! I would like to be
able to restore more of them.

Kindest Regards,

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar
(928) 941-1660
Renewable Energy Products, Service and Installation

Mailing Address (NO SHIPPING):
11881 S Fortuna Rd.
Yuma, AZ 85367

Shipping and retail store (NO MAIL):