[RE-wrenches] Better stud finder

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Mon Mar 23 06:18:52 PDT 2009

Jokes aside, I thought I had a fairly good stud finder until our last asphault shingle job where we finally had to crawl into an attic to verify where the trusses were located.   I could not be sure, but I believe they must have used multiple layers of 5/8" plywood roof sheeting.  For whatever reason, even on deep scan our stud finder was showing studs about every 6" so we could not trust it.

Have any of you found a really good unit that can handle the heavier roof sheeting or double layer shingle applications?

Jeff Yago