[RE-wrenches] Sunpower modules

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Thu Mar 19 09:03:54 PDT 2009

We have installed systems using many different module brands and sizes, but so far we have not installed Sunpower modules.

When we checked their web site it appears they only deal with their own "dealers".  Since we buy hardware from many different national distributors, are these available without being a "dealer"?   It seems like everyone wants you be be their "dealer" before they will provide any information on their products.

I also thought their modules are "positive" ground to achieve a higher efficency which can alter the grounding wiring design and type of inverter selected.  Is my memory failing or perhaps thinking of a different product.

For those that have used this module, what has been your experience.   Where are these manufactured?

The only reason I am considering thie module is one of our client's needs a totally black module in the 200 watt range and none of our other suppliers offer this at this time.

Thanks,

Jeff Yago