[RE-wrenches] USDA Renewable Energy Systems Loans and Grants

David Palumbo dave at independentpowerllc.com
Tue Dec 16 05:37:26 PST 2008

MessageTump,

I have not done it. But I attended the first of their two mandatory
informational sessions last year here in Vermont. I also know of a couple of
parties that did indeed go through with ALL of the paper work, jump through
the hoops and get the grant. They said it was worth it for them, about 40
hours in all, for the time they had to dedicate to the process.

I sent a local farmer interested in a PV system to the USDA info session,
they thought about it and declined to enter the process. They felt it was
too invasive (the info the USDA wanted)  and  the amount of paper work was
daunting . So it's not for everyone.

Dave