[RE-wrenches] Insurance classification

Randy Hatch randy at third-sun.com
Thu Dec 4 11:50:57 PST 2008

Wrenches,

Our insurer has stated this:

"There is a SOLAR ENERGY CONTRACTORS classification "ISO" uses the number
99080, if he asked about a "renewable Energy Installer" then the company
may have not been looking for the correct classification.  Also his insurer
may use their own classification numbers and names.  If that is the case then
the HVAC class may charge the same rate as SE Contractors.

Also you are listed correctly; the classification applies to all works
including heating, cooling and power generation.  A separate classification
needs to be listed for sales of solar equipment; if you look on your
Commercial GL coverage part of the policy it lists "Stores" class code
18437 this is to pick up any direct sales that you would have for parts or
equipment that you don't install."

Randy Hatch
Third Sun Solar and Wind Power
740-597-3111