[RE-wrenches] Wind anemometer

Karl Schwingel karl at northwindrenewable.com
Wed Dec 3 16:00:53 PST 2008

I have used NRG extensively over the years. I haven't done much met
tower work in the last few years, being dedicated mostly to hot water now.
NRGsystems.com

you can buy packaged systems right there on the website
good equipment in the moderate to really expensive (as in $1800 heated
calabrated anemometers for turbine performance verification)

if you can get or arrange a tower space, APRS has a number of
instruments available for wind and other monitoring. www.aprsworld.com
much more economically priced.

met towers from indiana to colorado.

karl

Dana wrote:

> Hello all –
>
> I have a wind project to do a year’s worth of study on and need to set
> 3 anemometers on a site. One has 120 VAC available and 2 will need to
> be remote and stand alone. I clocked 20-24 MPH standing in the back of
> my truck with a hand held meter yesterday, and the fields was scoured
> of 14’ snow to the ground. Great site but we want more than just the
> occasional observation.
>
> What suggestions do you all have for towers and instruments.? What has
> worked & what is not worth purchasing?
>
> Thanks -
>
> Dana Orzel
>
> Great Solar Works, Inc
>
> www.solarwork.com
>
> E - dana at solarwork.com
>
> V - 970.626.5253
>
> F - 970.626.4140
>
> C - 970.209.4076
>
> “I'd put my money on solar energy… I hope we don't have to wait 'til
> oil and coal run out before we tackle that.”
>
> —Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone,
> March 1931

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings:

> List rules & etiquette:

Karl Schwingel
NABCEP Certified Solar Thermal Installer
NorthWind Renewable Energy LLC

PO Box 723 Stevens Point, WI 54481
Karl at Northwindre.com
Cell: 715 209 0446
Fax : 715 952 4501

This e-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named
recipient(s) above, and may contain information that is privileged or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, or are not a named recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail message from
your computer. Thank you.