[RE-wrenches] Wind anemometer

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Wed Dec 3 09:17:49 PST 2008

Hello all -

I have a wind project to do a year's worth of study on and need to set 3
anemometers on a site. One has 120 VAC available and  2 will need to be
remote and stand alone. I clocked 20-24 MPH standing in the back of my truck
with a hand held meter yesterday, and the fields was scoured of 14' snow to
the ground. Great site but we want more than just the occasional
observation.

What suggestions do you all have for towers and instruments.? What has
worked & what is not worth purchasing?

Thanks -

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc
www.solarwork.com
E - dana at solarwork.com
V - 970.626.5253
F - 970.626.4140
C - 970.209.4076
"I'd put my money on solar energy. I hope we don't have to wait 'til oil and
coal run out before we tackle that."
-Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone, March
1931