[RE-wrenches] PV message board

mick abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Sat Nov 8 07:37:24 PST 2008

Try contacting Ethan Brand: ethan at brandelectronics.com

He knows how to drive display signs using the data from Brand watt-hour meters.
The principle sign that he works with is a modestly priced unit called Betabrite: www.betabrite.com but this sign is smaller than what you asked for, and is for indoors only.

The parent company that builds the Betabrite is called Adaptive: www.adaptivedisplays.com and they build bigger/multiline/outdoor signs...at
much higher cost. Some of these use the same communication protocols as the
Betabrite, so Ethan's programmer guy can communicate with them.

This is not an endorsement because I've never had a matching customer to try this with. I think you can get references from Ethan. I was holding back on sending this until some more experienced hands could reply but since I saw no other replies...I hope this will be helpful.

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com
Voice: 970-731-4675