[RE-wrenches] Insolation radiation to performance numbers...

I2P at aol.com I2P at aol.com
Wed Nov 5 16:22:47 PST 2008

In a message dated 11/4/2008 11:07:49 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
billbrooks7 at yahoo.com writes:

Don,
PV:WATTS  version 1 is easiest to use and it is available at
_http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/calculators/PVWATTS/version1/_
(http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/calculators/PVWATTS/version1/) .  It covers fixed tilt, single- and two-axis
tracking for standard crystalline  silicon modules. My confusion had to do with
whether the 5.9 kWh/m2/day was a  fixed tilt value or single-axis tracker. Not
knowing the location makes that  impossible to figure out. PV:WATTS version 2 is
what the CSI program uses to  calculate EPBB rebate. Unfortunately, the EPBB
calculator does not access the  single- and two-axis tracking parts of PV:WATTS
version 2.

PVSYST  is available online from Switzerland at _www.pvsyst.com_
(http://www.pvsyst.com/)
Bill.

Thanks Bill, I use PV WATTS routinely. I see they want a bit of $ for  PVSYST
so I need to think about that one. I agree that backing out the numbers  from
the given info is tough without more detailed site data.

Best,Don
Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)