[RE-wrenches] mix-n-match Unisolar

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 18:42:46 PDT 2008

Hi Geoff
The Unisolar have the same cells just in different number of cells which determines the lengths.  If the cells have similar exposure, all that is needede is the same number of cells in each string.  Each cell has the same current thus each string wheather composed of 9 foot or 18 foot modules can be parralled without loss of performance as long as the strings have the same number of cells in them (or very close).

So I would say the engineer is correct.  Further, If one cell is shaded the bypass diodes will allow operation of the string.
Darryl