[RE-wrenches] mix-n-match Unisolar

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 11:38:55 PDT 2008

Geoff,

The ultimate issue is how many cells are in each series string and is the
voltage of the cells nearly the same. As long as the number and the voltage
of the cells match up for each string, it makes no difference what
arrangement the modules are in.

You could have 5 + 6 + 7 = 18 cells in one group and 3+10+5 =18 cells in
another group, and its all good as long as they are similar cells. Unisolar,
due to the low fill factor, is actually pretty forgiving of difference
modules and cells. If you need help, let me know.

Bill.