[RE-wrenches] SWWP - Sky Stream Good & Bad

Tump tump at hughes.net
Mon Oct 27 16:26:12 PDT 2008

Sales quotas that they needed to meet in order to keep the VC folks from
taking their company has made for some poor quality issues. That being said
their sales #s far exceeded their expectations $1.7 million of orders in
sept.
I'll be more then happy to forward some comments from one of my customers
off line.
That being said SWWP is WELL AWARE of the bad press and is very aggressively
repairing these units w/ crews in the field, addressing certain serial #ed
units.  Issues; low ambient shut downs, poor output@ higher wind speeds,
intermittent shutting down due to bad electronic causing out of phase issues
that cause shut downs.
They (SWWP) showed up at my customer's house & called me w/out prior
warning. I was headed out, truck running, off to another job! I thought this
was inexcusable. I was fortunate to be able to rearrange my schedule & meet
them. Boom lift removed innards & replaced them, & reprogrammed.
I have NOT heard from my customer that the problems he has had are repaired,
but I did see the turbine functioning.
I found the folks from SWWP quite professional, they too recognized that
they had dealers that were NOT qualified to sell or install the product
professionally & SWWP was suffering from lack of dealer control.
This site had NO AC disconnect at the pole, NO bonding wire, pole grounding
wire wrapped around one of the mounting bolts, no unobstructed 1/2 acre
requirement as stated in their web site. So much for the installers & their
master electrician.
FMI contact me off list. TUMP