[RE-wrenches] 690.31E (was Request for Enphase comments)

R. Walters walters at taosnet.com
Sun Oct 26 23:42:50 PDT 2008

In my earlier post, I was about to make the claim that we could avoid
the metal conduit with the Enphase inverters, then I reread it and
saw that it covered inverter output as well.
It seems to me that the AC line is no more dangerous than any other
AC branch circuit in the house, and should be treated as such.
Ahh, but the wording....I guess we have to wait till 2011 because of
a typo?
Also, I'm not sure if PV is the best word choice. The AC output of
the Enphase inverter could be considered to be PV by some AHJs. I
think keep  DC, and drop the mention of inverter output completely.

Ray

R. Walters
Solarray.com
NABCEP # 04170442