[RE-wrenches] FMC vs MC Cable

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Mon Oct 27 10:07:47 PDT 2008

On new construction, we like to run MC cable throughout  the building shell,
from the PV modules to the inverter. We of course include a properly rated
DC disconnect before or just after penetrating the shell and use protection
plates when we run through studs. And we probably will need to add labels
soon in many jurisdictions. My question is as follows:

What are the implications of using flexible metal conduit and pulling the
wires ourselves vs using the pre-wired MC cable? Both jackets are Al.

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com