[RE-wrenches] Request for Enphase inverter comments

Antony Tersol tony at appliedsolarenergy.com
Sat Oct 25 07:09:24 PDT 2008

Enphase apparently has a 15 year warranty as of 2 weeks ago (see below).  A
while back I attended a presentation on the Enphase inverters - they claim a
119+ year MTBF.  During a break I asked why their warranty was only 10
years.  The guy I was talking with, who is in marketing, said he wanted a
longer one, but that management was constrained by the requirements for
capital reserves to back up the warranties.  The announcement of a longer
warranty might mean they realized they needed to "walk the talk".  Further,
they pointed out that their module-by-module web-based monitoring meant they
could pinpoint any defective inverters, and would likely know about
malfunctions before either the client or the installer.  The warranty
promises to reimburse the client for the value of energy production lost for
up to 30 days, taking the pressure off the installer for immediate repairs
and allowing shipment of the replacement in advance of the service call, so
that it can be a one-visit repair.  I believe they also reimburse the
installer a decent amount for the service call as well.  They seem to have a
well thought out program.

We haven't installed any yet, but will try them out soon.

from
http://www.solarindustrymag.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.2009

Enphase Offering 15-Year Warranty On Solar Micro-Inverters

in News Departments<http://www.solarindustrymag.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?cat.1>>
Products
& Technology<http://www.solarindustrymag.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?cat.13>
by
SI Staff on Monday 06 October 2008
[image: email the content
item]<http://www.solarindustrymag.com/email.php?plugin:content.2009>
[image:
print the content
item]<http://www.solarindustrymag.com/print.php?plugin:content.2009>
Enphase Energy Inc., a developer and manufacturer of solar micro-inverter
systems, has announced that it is offering a 15-year standard product
warranty and 100% uptime energy production guarantee for its
micro-inverters.

The 15-year warranty is standard, with no additional charge for all Enphase
micro-inverters. With the 100% uptime guarantee, Enphase will reimburse
customers for any energy lost due to the malfunction of an Enphase product
for up to one month.

Enphase micro-inverters convert the DC output of a single solar module into
grid-compliant AC power. In addition, they collect and transmit performance
data from each module, eliminating the need for a central inverter and
allowing for 24/7 monitoring and analysis of each module.

Enphase Energy: (707) 763-4784

SOURCE: Enphase Energy