[RE-wrenches] Request for Enphase inverter warranty

Greg Seelhorst greg_s at sonic.net
Fri Oct 24 21:46:14 PDT 2008

Mark -

Have you checked out the enphase website regarding the warranty?  I think it
is clear that the warranty is 15 years, not 10 years.  Check out the Enphase
details on the warranty below:

http://www.enphaseenergy.com/support/enphaseentrust/warranty.cfm

15-year Standard Limited Warranty

Enphase Energy offers the following industry-leading warranty:

    * 15-year standard limited warranty
    * Covers Enphase micro-inverters
    * Covers defects in workmanship and materials

Does the 15-year limited warranty have an additional cost?
    No. Unlike with other inverters, the 15-year limited warranty is
standard with all Enphase micro-inverters.
Why is Enphase Energy offering a 15-year limited warranty?
    Our ability to offer this industry-leading limited warranty is a
reflection of the confidence we have in our products due to 3.5 million
hours of production and a Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) rating of 119
years.
What does the Enphase 15-year limited warranty cover?
    The 15-year standard limited warranty covers Enphase micro-inverters ­
the core power production component. Other Enphase equipment ­ which is less
mission-critical ­ is covered by their respective Enphase standard limited
warranties.
I purchased Enphase equipment prior to the announcement of the 15-year
limited warranty in October 2008. Is the equipment I purchased also covered
by the 15-year standard limited warranty?
    Yes. All Enphase micro-inverters ­ regardless of purchase date ­ are
covered by the 15-year standard limited warranty.

Greg Seelhorst
Installation Manager
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer®
Solar Works