[RE-wrenches] Hawker batteries

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Wed Oct 8 14:34:38 PDT 2008

Friends:

We have been supplying hawker batteries to a few clients lately and wanted
to know of others experiences with the line, good or bad.

We have been quoting wet and VRLA batteries and installed one large array
of VRLA batteries.  We noted that the warranty on the VRLA is a
non-prorated 3 years while the wet cells are pro-rated at 10 years.  I am
surprised at how short the warranty period is on the VRLA batteries.  Does
anyone have experience with the Hawker VRLA batteries, specifically?

We have a client who is notorious at neglect and VRLA batteries seem ideal
for him.  Are there other manufacturers of VRLA batteries in the 1,000 AH
range that we should consider?

Thanks,

William Miller