[RE-wrenches] Wireless control of off-grid pumps

Walt Ratterman wratterman at sunenergypower.com
Wed Sep 3 11:56:37 PDT 2008

Hello Allan,

While I would like to know as well about any good wireless signals for this, I have found that a combination of a crude mechanical level gage (rope, pulley, float, weight, and painted lines on the tank) along with a good overflow diversion (to an agricultural use), along with people that know how to turn off the pump and turn it on again, often works well.

I am sure this is not what you wanted to hear, but we have had difficulties with the wired level switches over long distances, and soon resorted to above anyway - even when the wires are installed

I will be watching to learn more about the wireless solutions (but our spplications are not candidates for digital cell phones, or wireless internet...)

Thanks

Walt
SunEnergy Power
www.SunEPI.org