[RE-wrenches] Large offgrid system

Geoff Greenfield Geoff at third-sun.com
Thu Aug 7 12:51:08 PDT 2008

With regard to the sunny island - what is the "best" kluge to address the
120/240 issue?  (IMHO - the best would be for SMA to deliver 120/240
output).  We just did a system with a pair of outback PSX-240 transformers
to step down the SB-7000 inverter (7.2kw PV) to 120 VAC to allow it to sync
with the SI (tied into the supported loads panel).

We went with a pair (paralleled) based on capacity... next time I'd like to
reduce the parts/labor... Eaton? Torroid?  The enclosure and breakers are
nice, but do I need these breakers in this application?

For a brighter energy future,

Geoff Greenfield
President
Third Sun Solar & Wind Power Ltd.