[RE-wrenches] layout software

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 10:58:32 PDT 2008

Hi Nic
sorry I have been so busy not had time to follow posts.  However years ago a program called Maui Solar attempted to do power calculations for any orientation.  My program is old but they may still exist. I use RetScreen which will give an answer  as to power production.  I have found that for systems that look south any program will work, for off angle things, a more sophisticated program is required.  \

As for sketching,  Maui Solar had a sun tracker/ shadow tracker kind of thing may be all you need.  The Google sketch up may be the architect ideal.

Darryl