[RE-wrenches] layout software

Kelly Keilwitz, Whidbey Sun & Wind kelly at whidbeysunwind.com
Tue Aug 5 10:37:20 PDT 2008

Hi Nik,
We recently started using Google¹s 3-D program ³Sketchup² for our layouts.
The basic program is free and fairly fast to get started with. It allows us
to give prospective customers a simple perspective drawing showing how it
will look. It has a shading feature that allows you to move the sun through
the day to see what effect shading has. Definitely a good tool for more the
less-conventional layouts like you describe.
-Kelly

On 8/3/08 6:13 PM, "Nicholas Ponzio" <nponzio at buildingenergyus.com> wrote:

> Wrenches,
>
> I've got several PV prospects with east-facing roofs. Does anyone have
> suggestions about easy calculations for inter-row spacing? It's more
> complicated than the flat-roof or low pitch south-facing roofs. Seems like
> there ought to be some fancy 3D modeling software for PV designers that could
> do this in a few key strokes...
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> -Nik Ponzio
>

> --
> Nicholas Ponzio
> Building Energy
> 1570 South Brownell Road
> Williston, VT 05495
>
> t: 802-859-3384
> f: 802-658-3982
> www.BuildingEnergyVT.com <http://www.BuildingEnergyVT.com>
> nponzio at buildingenergyus.com
>
> "Building Solutions for a Sustainable Future"

> List rules & etiquette:

Kelly Keilwitz, P.E.
Whidbey Sun & Wind, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems