grounding SHW collectors? [RE-wrenches]

Tom Lane tom at ecs-solar.com
Tue Jul 15 14:00:09 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

This is an interesting subject ---  when metal pipe copper or galvanized
pipe was use for all the household plumbing i.e. the copper pipe was
grounded at the electric water heater etc.--now plastic pipe  cpvc pvc pex
and other plastic pipe is used throughout the home--- solar piping is 99%
copper or brass pipe and fittings to and from the thermal
collectors---grounding of metal aluminum framewalls might start to become
code ???  ---  however exterior sensor wire will pickup the corona discharge
of a nearby lightening stride and ruin the senor rooftop and usually the
controller and often the storage sensor similar to what happen to antenna
wire for TVs   thinking out loud gator tom   ps moving to tokyo japan soon
anyone know much about solar thermal there give me a call or e-mail