grounding SHW collectors? [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 13:36:15 PDT 2008

HI Nick
I have had controllers distroyed in electrical storms.  I do not know why the water/andtfreeze pipes did not protect the controllers.  I have had better success when I ground the panels.  So now I run a ground wire from the frames to the copper and then the copper to a ground electrode system.  I have not had a fried controller since.
DT