SDHW insulation [RE-wrenches]

Carl Hansen Solarwks at cybermesa.com
Tue Jul 8 13:48:54 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

I've always used Armaflex, it works well, our distributor says he can get it
already split. Its a high quality HVAC product. It does need to be covered
when exposed to the sun, out here in the Southwest its starts breaking down
immediately in the sun. I've  seen older systems where the installer painted
it with something and that works OK. But I cover my installations with sheet
aluminum, the corners with preformed 90's. This keeps the Ravens and other
critters from removing it a little at a time and it makes for a neat looking
installation.
  When I run it underground I sleeve it with that 4inch corrugated drain
pipe, the (non perforated style). This stuff is inexpensive and keeps the
insulation from getting compressed and or compromised during its life in the
earth.

Carl
Hansen&Sun Elect.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com