Outback MX problem [RE-wrenches]

Ron Young solareagle at solareagle.com
Wed May 28 18:55:02 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

Hi All,
Thanks for the replies, I have opted for return of the MX as
recommended here. The tech I spoke to at Outback said there was no
compensation for the cost of field replacement. Larry, the
connections between MX and battery have been double checked by the
customer and I'm pretty certain they are good. The installation is
about 6 mo.'s old but the problem wasn't noticed by the customer
until recently as they have a good wind location and that was keeping
the batteries up. As for the absorb voltage I think the setting is
appropriate, these are big cells and stratification can be a problem
if they don't get aggressive charging, plus the C rate is lower than
it should be.

Ron

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php