Hoar Frost [RE-wrenches]

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Tue May 20 10:44:11 PDT 2008

Don,

Do you mean with a 600 VDC/VAC disconnect of standing on a roof trouble
shooting a mis-wired transition from USE to THHN?

Actually, I thought that there might be a 3-terminal SS device that could do
the job.

As for the internal power dissipated under Isc conditions: I notice that the
slope of the IV characteristic at Isc for a BP4175 (for example) is 1.07
ohms and Isc=5.4 A. So unless I'm missing something a single 4175 internally
dissipates 5.8 W under Isc. Would this help? I don't know. Of course one
doesn't get Isc until around Noon. I don't think this idea will work, then.

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D., President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com