Fire Department Setback warning [RE-wrenches]

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Wed May 14 17:53:07 PDT 2008

Bill,

I am hoping to learn a bit about how the overall system works.

The new State Level "guideline" can be adopted as a local ordinance.

But the document that is on Williams site is title as a "Guideline" as well.

My sense is that most local jurisdiction do not take the time to actually
promulgate local ordinance, which would then have to conform other
requirements such as outlined in the new state guideline, specifically
producing Facts and Findings.

Rather, do most jurisdictions, LA for example, simply publish "Guidelines"
that do not hold them to actual ordinence, but allow them to exercise
discretion on every project?

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
271 Vistamont Dr