DC aeration [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Mon May 12 06:37:23 PDT 2008

Bill,
Dankoff had a line of fountain pumps for awhile. They were based on Rule DC
bilge pumps, and worked well. The trouble was, bilge pumps were designed for
intermittent duty, and when run array-direct they wore out in just a bit
less than the two-year warranty.

On a similar note, we had a Shurflo 9300 in an open-discharge pond pump
application. It failed after 15 months of continuous daylight operation. The
motor brushes wore out. I asked Shurflo if the one-year warranty was related
to this - yep. That's not a criticism of the 9300 pump, which I consider a
good product. It's just notwell suited to continuous duty applications.

I'm not sure about the aerator, having never used one, but Ithink you're
right.

Allan