Unisolar Laminates [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Fri Apr 25 15:20:51 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

Hi David,

About the oldest system I've installed is going on 7 years, and no
problems at all. If anything, it has performed better than the
crystaline modules of similar rating and size in Northern San Luis
Obispo County, California, that we have monitored. This area gets very
hot, so that has a lot to do with the difference, I'm sure. No problems
with the glue, and rain seems to clean the modules well without crawling
around on a 12 in 12 roof.

Originally, the PVL's had some kind of sticky-back that wasn't so great
in high heat, if the recommended safety screws at the top of the modules
weren't used. The newer stuff is great.

Matt Tritt

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php